Mad Men: The heat is on
I haven’t posted anything in a couple weeks about Mad Men. That’s because lately the show was as fluffy and lightheaded as Peaches,”the apple that goes in the pig’s mouth.” Great line, Marie. And give it up for Peaches and her puppies!
Diehard fans were waiting, hoping that something, anything would happen, and then last night POW! As Ralph Kramden would say, “Right in the kisser, Alice!
An excellent episode, “For Immediate Release,” was a game changer. I’m not going into a full recap. You can read much longer blogs, with much more extensive analysis and coverage than mine.
A few thoughts:
• Peggy’s back! Yes, it’s about time she had a storyline again. And did I miss something along the way, what ever happened to her baby? Did she formally adopt him out? Does she ever visit him? Can he walk or talk yet? Just wondering.
• How come Roger Sterling keeps getting sexier and Don Draper is getting dowdier?
• Pete falling down the stairs was priceless!
• Loved when Bert Cooper asked Pete if he had any Spirits of Elderflower. Like that was even a possibility.
• The date of the “Immediate Release” memo Peggy types is May 17, 1968. RFK’s assassination is coming up in June. Wonder if that will be skipped over or dealt with.
• Can Betty go back to being blond, beautiful and annoying rather than pathetic please? She’s suffered enough already.